This is a five-day course designed to provide skills and teaching techniques for those who will be instructing emergency services courses. The objective of this course is to allow candidates to effectively teach a fire fighting class with pre-assigned curriculum. Areas covered include methods of instruction, lessons planning, objectives, learning environment, instructions techniques, and principles of learning.
- Challenges of a fire service instruction
- Safety & training function the instructors role
- Legal & ethical considerations
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Instructional facilities & props
- Report writing & record keeping
- The psychology of learning
- Student attributes & behaviours
- Must be an active member of the fire department
- Must be 18 years of age
- Firefighter Level 2 or ten years experience as a Fire Officer
- Willing to commit to attend as a student instructor to one course in the current fiscal year. Please provide us with your availability to commit when registering.