The Small Systems Water Treatment Course is part of a long-term strategy to ensure all personnel who work within the water system understand their role in ensuring the safety of the municipal drinking water system. Participants may include Water Treatment Plant Operators, Water Truck Drivers, Water Truck Driver Assistants, Foremen or Public Works Directors and/or and Building Maintainers, depending on the structure of operations in your municipality. This course will provide a foundational knowledge for drinking water operations, which will be built upon for further training.
- Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality
- Regulating and monitoring drinking water
- Water Treatment Operator's primary goals
- Water sources and characteristics
- Disinfection and filtration