This seven-day course is for fire service personnel who are or wish to become emergency vehicle operators and is designed to develop the skills necessary to operate a fire truck/pumper efficiently and properly.
- Driving topics include, pre-ignition procedures, proper steering, braking, handling/control, and the risks associated when responding to emergency incidents.
- Pumping topics include, pressure regulating devices, the operating principles of drive lines, positive displacement and centrifugal fire pumps, gauges, and controls, pumping from a hydrant, drafting, basic friction loss calculations, and basic maintenance checks.
- 18 years of age
- Must be an active member of Fire Department
- Must have completed Level 1 Firefighting
- Must have Class 3 or Class 5 driver’s license with air brake endorsement