Students develop an approach to project quality that incorporates organizational quality requirements and defines project quality requirements. Participants learn to set up the methods for ensuring that quality is developed as required in the implementation stage, then monitored and managed throughout the life of the project.
- Monitoring and controlling project quality
- The difference between quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA)
- Causes of problems and defects in projects or products
- Developing a quality management plan
- Use of checklists and flowcharts
- Integration of quality management at the outset and throughout the project