In this course participants learn how to proceed through the procurement process. This includes the steps from initiation of requirements to the delivery of services and goods. Participants will also examine the essentials of both sides of procurement, from the buyer’s and from the seller’s perspective, preparing request for proposals and responses through effective proposals.
- Aligning the procurement processes with the project life cycle
- Key terms used in the procurement process and what they mean
- The relationship between buyer and seller
- Creation of basic procurement documents including a statement of work specifications, selection methods, evaluation criteria and pricing structures
- Interpreting bids and response proposals from vendors or contractors
- Contract administration and post-contract administration issues