Fire Service Instructor Level 1
Prerequisite: Must be an active member of a Fire Department within Nunavut.
Must have completed a minimum of Firefighter Level 1 (Nunavut OFM)
Fire Service Instructor Course (NFPA 1041) - Overview
5 Days of Fire Service Instructor Training -Theory & Practical:
- Challenges of Fire & Emergency Services Instruction
- Safety & the Training Function
- Legal & Ethical Considerations
- Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Instructional Facilities & Props
- Report Writing & Record Keeping
- Principles of Learning
- Student Attributes & Behaviors
- Preparation for Instruction & Delivery
- Audiovisual Technology
- Structured Exercises, Demonstrations & Practical Training Evolutions
- Student Progress Evaluation & Testing
- IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 6th Edition
- IFSTA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor, 8th Edition, 2012
Students will be required to provide a 1 hour presentation & pass a written exam. Upon successful completion of the course, each student will receive a certificate of achievement with IFSAC and Pro-Board seals.
Participants are not required to bring their bunker gear.
No classes currently scheduled for this course